Now Serving Northwest Arkansas

Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I use a tax preparer?

It mostly boils down to tax know-how. An experienced tax professional can keep you from making the mistakes that cost millions of taxpayers nearly $1 billion dollars in overpaid taxes every year.  
If you really want to maximize your refund this year, you need to work with a tax pro to file your taxes. Here’s why:

  • In a survey of 2,000 taxpayers, we found that people who file their own taxes get an average refund of $1,824
  • People who worked with a tax expert to file their taxes received an average refund of $2,615! That’s $840 more than the average self-filer!

What should I bring to my appointment?

When coming to us to prepare your tax return, there are some things you can do up front to make the process smoother.  We need the following items to prepare your return:

Essential Info

  • W-2 from all employers
  • W-2G Gambling Winnings
  • 1099 This document will show income from different sources
  • 1099-INT Interest Income
  • 1099-DIV Dividends Earned from Stocks/Mutual Funds
  • 1099-B Sale from Stocks
  • 1099-Misc Income from Independent Contracting
  • 1099-R IRA, Pension, 401K or Annuity Pay-outs
  • 1099-SSA Social Security income
  • 1099-G State Program Payments
  • 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
  • 1098 Mortgage Interest Paid
  • 1098-T College Tuition Paid
  • 1098-E Student Loan Interest
  • Dependent Care Expenses (Name, Address, Telephone #, Tax ID #, and amount paid)
  • Social Security numbers for all dependents
  • Cost of energy efficient upgrades to your main home. Storm windows and doors, insulation, garage door, heat and air, etc.

Other Items Needed to Complete your Tax Return

  • Medical Expenses (plus miles to and from doctor and/or hospital visits)
  • Property taxes paid on your primary and/or secondary residence
  • Receipted charitable giving amounts
  • Name, address, phone number and tax ID number of dependent care provider
  • Last Year’s Tax Return (if you are a new client)

Who has to file a tax return?